Still have a concern about pipe rise

Users who are viewing this thread

Banjo Bud

Reaction score
839868C8-44DE-4714-A97F-42C8CB04ACE8.jpeg
after I had a guy bore under my driveway I felt pretty good about laying my suction pipe. I have a small concern. For those who might not know, I am sucking sideways from a spring. So, Starting from the foot valve, I have a run of about 20’ with a rise of about 2’. Then, because of other underground things in the way, I had to drop vertically about 16”, then after that I rise all the way to the pump. Maybe 4’ of rise and 50’ of run. I’m thinking since the pump is still the highest point, I shouldn’t have any trouble priming. What do you guys think?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
That high point is going to make it really hard to prime and keep primed. When the pump is off for some time, air from the water will accumulate in that high spot. When the pump comes back on it will get a slug of air and most likely lose prime.

Banjo Bud

Reaction score
How about if I put a tee at the high point with a riser pipe up to ground level, and a cap on top that I can unscrew to prime that area if I need to?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks