Sprinkler Valve doesn't close

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by Ace123, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Ace123

Ace123 New Member

I have a sprinkler Valve that won't close. The timer is working correctly and sends a signal to close but it stays open unless I move the value slightly up or down. I haven't completely burried it which is why I can move it up/down some. The value was new but I thought I got a bad one. So I bought another and replaced it. The second one behaves the same. Does anyone know what's causing this and how to fix it?

2. fitter30

fitter30 Active Member

Retired service tech
    Double check the flow labeling on the valve. One valve ok, two odds are against it being the valve. Contact the valve manufacturer.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Ace123

Ace123 New Member

It's an Orbit value. Here's a link to it: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MG1VV2M?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I don't know what a flow label looks like but if it's on the value, you can see it on the pics from Amazon. I wee some numbers on the top view pic. Maybe that's the flow label?

What's odd is I have 11 others just like it on the same system functioning fine. I thought it might have something to do with the number of sprinkler heads on the line and/or the distance it is from the value because it is the farthest zone from the value box and is the only one with three heads instead of two like the others.

5. fitter30

fitter30 Active Member

Retired service tech
    Theres a arrow cast into the outlet fitting coil side. This valve is slow closing. Support team at 1-800-488-6156,

6. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida The wife is still training me.

Retired
    Is this a new install or problem just started? Does it do it with the wires disconnected to the solenoid. Also, besure the solenoid is fully tight clockwise. Just a 1/4 turn back it will open the valve manually for checking the zone sprinklers without having to turn on the zone at the controller. Direction is also important as mentioned above.

Usually you'll probably find a stone wedge in it preventing it from closing but since you replaced it, check it again.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020