Smart Toilet Install - Broken Flange

Users who are viewing this thread

jlipnos

Reaction score
I'm installing a new smart toilet and when I removed the old toilet, the flange was rusted out. I assumed after watching some videos that I would be able to simply cut out the existing glued in flange and replace with a new one. However, I think my flange is one piece with the elbow below. I've already started to saw out the old flange before I realized it appears to be one piece. So, first, is this a thing or am I just going to need to work harder to get the old flange off? Second, could I just use a twist and set flange inside the old, broken and now saw marked flange?

I also have a shut off valve that I need to install that has a 1/2" input to a 5/8" output. It seems that the 1/2" doesn't screw into the Sharkbite female end easily. Almost like they are different threads. I forced them in a couple of turns, but it is leaking. Any suggestions there?

Thank you,
Jim

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks