Shut off valve for shared well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Avdey1984

Reaction score
Hey
My neighbor is sharing a well with me. His property about 200 ft higher then mine, so it’s gravity fed to my outside spiked and shop. I want to build a house on my property and my county requires me to install 2000 gallon tank Incase of fire. My question is how do I stop water from overflowing my tank after it’s full.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
wiring diagram for 24v solenoid, plug in trans, and float.png

Cistern Storage Tank with JET Booster Pump (12).png

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
A regular "modulating" float valve will cycle your neighbors pump to death. You can use a float valve, but it needs to be "non-modulating" so it is either fully open or fully closed. Then you can set the flow rate for enough to keep the neighbors pump running and not cycling on and off. Something like this. https://www.jobevalves.com/products/product/topaz-differential

But an electric valve is my favorite and can run off a battery and solar charger if you don't have power.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks