Shower water pipes

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Lois Lane, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Member

Its me again! I am now replacing a 30 plus year old alcove fiberglass shower. The water pipes have always had hot and cold reversed, but I have adapted to that. Now that I have the pipes exposed, I was thinking about correcting this. This is what the plumbing looks like now. I would have just inserted a T each of the 3/4 inch copper water pipes at the bottom and run them up to the mixer. Is there a reason they come off the 3/4 inch pipe laterally? Should I just leave them alone where they come off the 3/4 inch pipe and cross them over to the correct sides higher up in the wall.

PXL_20210626_130758236.jpg

Thanks for all the help I have gotten in the past on this forum. I apologize for not contributing my two cents, but as a rank amateur who learned to solder from You Tube it is worth just that...two cents.

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    I would run some water there and make sure you know which line is hot and then mark it.
    Some valves can be reversed by the cartridge. It might have been a reversed cartridge and not reversed piping.

Reach4 likes this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Reach4 likes this.
  4. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Member

I will check that! Thanks.

5. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Member

Just an update to let you know, the shower was plumbed correctly, so I guess the problem WAS with the cartridge. You saved me a lot of tears!