Shower tub faucet control

Users who are viewing this thread

mattt19

Reaction score
I'm redoing my bathroom and am picking out the faucet style for the tub/shower. Are there any benefits to using a single control vs a three handle tub/shower control. Is one likely to last longer and cause fewer problems?thanks

Matt

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

It is getting to the point where three valve faucets will no longer be acceptable by the building codes because of pressure balancing, and/or temperature control, requirements.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Put another way, your inspector probably won't allow a three-handle mixing valve on a remodel. Codes require anti-scald which can be done with a pressure balanced valve or a thermostaticly controlled valve. While more expensive, I prefer the thermostatically controlled ones - set it to your preference once, and only touch the volume control. Another thing, a pressure balanced valve typically only has on/off/temperature - it has no volume control if that is a factor for you. Normally, that isn't a big deal as you typically fill a tub or shower at max volume, but it can come in handy at times.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks