Shower Pan Center drain or side drain... pros, cons, thougthts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Rocknroj

Reaction score
Thanks for reading and providing input.

I have the opportunity to install a new 60" shower pan. The PO had converted the right side drain (a former tub) to a center drain. I am guessing it would be easy enough for me to move it back if I wanted. I am installing a sterling acrylic base.

I read that center drains are more likely to be in the standing space than a side drain. Not sure about this.

I am guessing with a center drain on a 60" long base, if the floor is not close to perfectly level in the lengthwise direction I would have issues. I think the floor is actually a bit lower on the side of the original drain, so if I err that would be the direction to err with a side drain. Of course I want to shoot for perfect level but probably not a reasonable goal.

Finally,. are prefab pans all sloped to a standard... 1/4" per foot?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks