Shortening my cleanout by about 3 feet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Steven Wojcio, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Steven Wojcio

Steven Wojcio New Member

Hey everyone! First time posting here. Apologies if this is a dumb question. I've attached two pictures of what I'm pretty sure is my sewer cleanout in my backyard. I'm planning on putting up a retaining wall that will put the cleanout on the second tier of my yard. My plan is to just shorten the cleanout by about 3 feet, but I want to make sure that would be ok. I've dug 4 feet down so far and I haven't hit a horizontal pipe. The questions/concerns I have:
    - Is there a depth requirement on the horizontal pipe that this connects with?
    - Will the horizontal pipe that this connects with be ok with me building a 4 ft retaining wall above it?
    - Is there a height requirement on cleanouts?

I live in Mill Creek, Washington State (Snohomish County) in case anyone knows code for my area.

Thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    I don't believe there is a height requirement on cleanouts. Sometimes that are just mapped out and buried. It's real nice when you have access to them though.

Bothell, WA

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Steven Wojcio

Steven Wojcio New Member

Thanks for the response Terry - Looks like you're in the same town as me. I spoke with my usual plumber and he seemed ok with my plan too. Here goes nothing!