Shortening my cleanout by about 3 feet

Users who are viewing this thread

Steven Wojcio

Reaction score
Hey everyone! First time posting here. Apologies if this is a dumb question. I've attached two pictures of what I'm pretty sure is my sewer cleanout in my backyard. I'm planning on putting up a retaining wall that will put the cleanout on the second tier of my yard. My plan is to just shorten the cleanout by about 3 feet, but I want to make sure that would be ok. I've dug 4 feet down so far and I haven't hit a horizontal pipe. The questions/concerns I have:
- Is there a depth requirement on the horizontal pipe that this connects with?
- Will the horizontal pipe that this connects with be ok with me building a 4 ft retaining wall above it?
- Is there a height requirement on cleanouts?

I live in Mill Creek, Washington State (Snohomish County) in case anyone knows code for my area.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_20200411_174028.jpg
    IMG_20200411_174028.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 176

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I don't believe there is a height requirement on cleanouts. Sometimes that are just mapped out and buried. It's real nice when you have access to them though.

Bothell, WA

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks