Shocked well..caused a pump issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

ben

Reaction score
Hi,
I dumped a gallon of bleach down the well and recycled the water with a hose until I smelled the chlorine.
Next I went inside and open taps to get the chlorinated water in all the pipes.
In the bathroom I opened up the shower and sink taps and flushed toilet a few times, but all of the sudden my water pressure dropped.

I went and checked the pressure tank and sure enough the pump was running but the pressure would not go above 40psi.

I assume the pump's screen got clogged?

I decided to flip the well pump breaker and wait a few hours before turning it back on.
After 2-3 hours, I turned the breaker back on and to my surprise the pressure built up (albeit did seem slower to reach 60psi than it prior to the shock treatment) to 60psi and the pump turned off. Also prior to the shock treatment, I measured the well pump flow rate at about 10gp/m. I have not measured it after the shock treatment.

So it seemed all was good, but it was short lived. After running more water through the taps and toilets, the pump is struggling again to build up the tank pressure.

Any suggestions?

ben

Reaction score
So is this a job for professionals only or would nu-well (or similar product) be recommended for this situation? Judging by the lack of responses there isnt much I can do from a DIY perspective, correct?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks