This past summer I shocked my well with chlorine. About a month later I changed the whole house water filter and it was really full of black sediment, which hadn't happened before. I then thought back and realized I had mistakenly used too much chlorine in the treatment. I used to change the filter every 6 months and it was relatively clean, but now I think I need to change it maybe every month as the sediment issue has not cleared up. I also have a water softener. The water from faucets is clear, and no sediment forms at the bottom of a sitting glass. I also have a refrigerator water filter and that is all I use for drinking and cooking. My question is, what damage or issue did I cause from using too much chlorine in the shock treatment?