Shallow well jet pump pressure issues

Users who are viewing this thread

smokymance

Reaction score
Hello,

After reading many posts in here, i decided to post due to not being able to find clear answers regarding my issue.

I have a shallow well Myers HJ75S pump with a new pressure tank installed last year.

Recently it has gotten to the point that if someone is in the shower, no one else can even wash their hands.

The pump has always had this weird noise to it, and seems like maybe it was struggling to suck up water or air, but no air would ever come out the faucets or shower...when demand is high, i can see my see thru filter empty half way as the pump tries to catch up and fill the system....i ended up rebuilding the pump and the old components had no sign of wear etc and the pump literally performed the same.

Here is my setup, and some pictures. sorry about them not being in order. Neighbor and i deciced to dig about 4 feet next to the well tube to see if there is any cracks or damage etc. Nothing was apparent.

The inlet to the Myers pump is 1inch, and it connects to the basement wall via the green manifold which seems to be a 1in pipe inside the black 3" black tubing leading to the large junction piece in the middle of the vertical well tube where we dug. Inside this junction it seems that the two o-rings seal (middle of the tube i pulled from the well tube) the water being pulled up from the below portion with the three ribbed seal.

If shower is being used, and any other source of water, the pump will drop down to 4-5psi and struggle to catch up until the faucets etc are closed...

We ended up removing the tube that connects the top of the well (pictured), all the way to the bottom three ribbed seal and filled the well tube with my neighbors hose, and the pump worked pretty good, quieter and very fast recovery...telling me that there is something in well / tubing to the well broken or damaged?

Here is a video of how slow the pump is at filling the tank up...i will post another video tomorrow capturing the whole dilemma.

My goal is to see if i can repair whatever is wrong, before made a decision to call a company and re drill a new submerged well system that comes with a very large fee :-(

Attachments

• IMG_4127.JPG
    IMG_4127.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_4091.JPG
    IMG_4091.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_4092.JPG
    IMG_4092.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_4109.JPG
    IMG_4109.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_4098.JPG
    IMG_4098.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_4102.JPG
    IMG_4102.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 280

smokymance

Reaction score
Here are a few more pictures:
Well manifold
14ft to the house
Top of the well when removing the cap

Attachments

• IMG_4130.JPG
    IMG_4130.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_4082.JPG
    IMG_4082.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_4089.JPG
    IMG_4089.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 284

smokymance

Reaction score
What we see when we exposed the pipe: this seems to a be the juction where the water turns from vertical lift, to horizontal to the house

Attachments

• IMG_4110.JPG
    IMG_4110.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 310
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks