Sewer Ejector Pump Zoeller 267... a puzzling issue

Users who are viewing this thread

FlyingSquirrel

Reaction score
I bought a 35 yr old home in Apr 2018. It has a finished walk out basement with a bathroom. It appeared that bathroom was added later, the previous owners had put a sewer sump and ejector pump (Zoeller M 267) that pumps out to main sewer pipe (in the basement) in the house. Few months ago I have added small kitchen with sink and dishwasher and rented the basement to a student.
Now the actual issue:
Few weeks ago, in the basement, the alarm went off that connected to sewer pit. I turned off the alarm and unplugged the sewer pump and plugged back in. The pump suddenly started pumping out again. I called in a plumber who checked and expressed concern that pump switch could be an issue and not knowing the fact how old the pump is, he advised me to change the pump which I did. Replaced it with the same brand (zoeller M 267).
Zoeller specs 0.5 HP, 115 V, 2" output.
Surprisingly, we are experiencing the same exact issue again with the new pump. The alarm going off again and I do the routine.

Unplug and Plugging Sequence
Here is the sequence: The alarm goes off, turn off the alarm, unplug the sewer pump and plug back again. With a huge thump, it starts pumping again and alarm light turns off once the water goes normal level. This is random.

Now the same plumber wanted me to change the different brand pump. Before I go that route I would like to get some expert opinion.

Why pump stops pumping? Unplugging and Plugging back causing it to work(pump)? We might assume it's a float switch problem but the same exact issue for old and new pump? Should I change the brand to Liberty LE series?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20190121_122245.jpg
    20190121_122245.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 236
  • 20190121_122252.jpg
    20190121_122252.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 386
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks