Well heres why it was backing up.

Attachments

• 20191214_091240.jpg
    20191214_091240.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 147

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Snake the line using a small Clog chopper by General spring and wire then take a video inspection and if needed use the cable again

Then Water Jetter 4000 PSI 4 GPM should be enough

COLTON WEBER

Reaction score
Snake the line using a small Clog chopper by General spring and wire then take a video inspection and if needed use the cable again

Then Water Jetter 4000 PSI 4 GPM should be enough
I cut like 8ft of pipe out. Was only clogged by the saddle connection.

COLTON WEBER

Reaction score
No more bow in line. Level shows it going down hill all along the pipe. I think I messed up using a T for the pump and the kitchen sink. Kitchen sink upstairs gurgles when the pump is on in the basement. Guess I will have to redo that.

Attachments

• 20191214_160716.jpg
    20191214_160716.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 139

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
You need two wye’s, one for the kitchen sink connection and one for the pump. If there isn’t one on this horizontal add a clean out.

For horizontal drain line.

upload_2019-12-15_9-43-24.jpeg

COLTON WEBER

Reaction score
You need two wye’s, one for the kitchen sink connection and one for the pump. If there isn’t one on this horizontal add a clean out.

For horizontal drain line.

View attachment 57720
Is that for the vent? There is no vent at all for upstairs kitchen sink. Stupid! And the pump I installed has a vent pipe. It is just vented into the basement at the moment I just need to run a pipe up and out.

COLTON WEBER

Reaction score
All done besides pump vent. Shortened dryer wiring and flipped the box over. Need to change dryer vent tubing to ridgid. I do not like the flexible tubing.

Attachments

• 20191215_114607.jpg
    20191215_114607.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 128

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Why a santee on it's back? That was part of the problem. You should have a wye fitting there so that the water goes downstream, and not both directions.

COLTON WEBER

Reaction score
Why a santee on it's back? That was part of the problem. You should have a wye fitting there so that the water goes downstream, and not both directions.
I understand. Will redo it. First time doing plumbing.

COLTON WEBER

Reaction score
Hey, this is why we do this, helping other getting it right. You're making big improvements to your home, and saving money at the same time. :)
Yea and I really appreciate all the feedback and help I have gotten! Thanks!

Mliu

Reaction score
This graphic should help you understand the how and why of sanitary tees vs combo wye (wye + 1/8 elbow):
Sanitees vs Wyes.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks