Sewage Basin

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by CanadianSal, Nov 27, 2019.

1. CanadianSal

CanadianSal New Member

I am dry fitting the sewage basin. Based on the position of the discharge line and the hole in the basin, this is what I am ending up with. The basin is protruding about 4 inches above the floor. Is this normal or shoud I find a way to lower the discharge line?
    Appreciate your advice.

Attached Files:

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

The input will be thru the side, and usually that will be from below the concrete. So that would mean lower it.

The top pipes are the output and the vent.

But yes, if you did want to lower the soil pipe, I would think you would use maybe two 45s or two 22.5s.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. CanadianSal

CanadianSal New Member

Thank you - the discharge line under the concrete is now fully lined up with the side hole in the basin. How would I lower this discharge line? Some kind of an elbow?

5. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Usually the input is higher up in the basin. I guess I presumed that the pump would be set to come on about when the level rose to the bottom of the input pipe. I have not studied the design aspects, but I think I would feel uncomfortable with the soil pipe sitting lower than the top of the load in the basin.
    [​IMG]

If, on the other hand, your pipe is matching the pre-made hole, then I would think you would not need to go down further. I am not a pro.

If you did want to go down farther, then 2 45s or 2 22.5s would be good. If you used 90s, the lower one would need to be a long sweep.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  6. CanadianSal

CanadianSal New Member

thanks - looks like the roughed in discharge is higher than it should be? I am not sure if there are standards around this. I assumed that all basins would have this hole at the same spot. Hopefully a pro responds. Thanks again for your advice.

7. CanadianSal

CanadianSal New Member

Here is a picture of what I have currently. Will using elbows on the discharge be a possibility?

Attached Files: