Sewage Basin

Users who are viewing this thread

CanadianSal

Reaction score
I am dry fitting the sewage basin. Based on the position of the discharge line and the hole in the basin, this is what I am ending up with. The basin is protruding about 4 inches above the floor. Is this normal or shoud I find a way to lower the discharge line?
Appreciate your advice.

Attachments

• basin.jpg
    basin.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 170

Reach4

Reaction score
The input will be thru the side, and usually that will be from below the concrete. So that would mean lower it.

The top pipes are the output and the vent.

But yes, if you did want to lower the soil pipe, I would think you would use maybe two 45s or two 22.5s.

Last edited:

CanadianSal

Reaction score
The input will be thru the side, and usually that will be from below the concrete. So that means lower it.

The top pipes are the output and the vent.

Thank you - the discharge line under the concrete is now fully lined up with the side hole in the basin. How would I lower this discharge line? Some kind of an elbow?

Reach4

Reaction score
Usually the input is higher up in the basin. I guess I presumed that the pump would be set to come on about when the level rose to the bottom of the input pipe. I have not studied the design aspects, but I think I would feel uncomfortable with the soil pipe sitting lower than the top of the load in the basin.
zoeller-indoorsewagepackages.jpg

If, on the other hand, your pipe is matching the pre-made hole, then I would think you would not need to go down further. I am not a pro.

If you did want to go down farther, then 2 45s or 2 22.5s would be good. If you used 90s, the lower one would need to be a long sweep.

Last edited:

CanadianSal

Reaction score
Usually the input is higher up in the basin. I guess I presumed that the pump would be set to come on about when the level rose to the bottom of the input pipe. I have not studied the design aspects, but I think I would feel uncomfortable with the soil pipe sitting lower than the top of the load in the basin.
zoeller-indoorsewagepackages.jpg

If, on the other hand, your pipe is matching the pre-made hole, then I would think you would not need to go down further. I am not a pro.

If you did want to go down farther, then 2 45s or 2 22.5s would be good. If you used 90s, the lower one would need to be a long sweep.

thanks - looks like the roughed in discharge is higher than it should be? I am not sure if there are standards around this. I assumed that all basins would have this hole at the same spot. Hopefully a pro responds. Thanks again for your advice.

CanadianSal

Reaction score
Here is a picture of what I have currently. Will using elbows on the discharge be a possibility?

Attachments

• InkedIMG_20191127_182142_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_20191127_182142_LI.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 133
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks