Sealing offset flange

Users who are viewing this thread

Gotjuice83

Reaction score
I am finishing remodeling one of my bathrooms, and just before starting the toilet install I realized I have one of those junk offset flanges that is shaped like an oval. Through reading here I have learned that I need to fabricate an oval shaped ring out of 2 standard rings. I have attached an image of how I believe I need to set the ring but just want to clarify before I do the install. I cannot believe I did not notice the flange until now even though I tiled the whole bathroom. Had I noticed I would have removed it and replaced with something better. The original contractor must have botched the rough-in when doing the slab and the toilet need to be moved laterally away from the shower.

Thank you,
John

TR05-offset-closet-flange-4-x-3-photo1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think Reach 4 is the local expert on those. I did one a couple of decades ago and it pretty much involved some extra wax, as I recall. If it's any comfort to you, the guy who invented that abomination is sitting on a bench in the waiting room to Hell next to the gentleman who invented the speedbump.

offset-closet-flange-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks