Sanishower for basement shower - advice please

Users who are viewing this thread

Chicago DIY

Reaction score
Here's the situation:

House was built in 1923. Thankfully they roughed in a toilet flange in the basement. However no drain for a shower or sink.

I've debated hiring someone to come in and tap into the floor drain which is approximately 10ft way. I really can do without the mess and expense. Plus I don't think we'll be in this house more than 3-4 more years.

I've looked into the sanishower http://www.saniflo.com/products/sanishower.asp

and think this may be my ticket.

My question: Can I drain the sanishower directly into a utility tub? My washing machine drains into this same utility tub without any problem.
This would eliminate tapping into the vent stack...something I would outsource to a plumber.

If I can't do this I think I can tap into the vent stack that the utility tub drains into.

I agree this is probably not the most professional approach but its for a basement bathroom that would not get alot of use....only for guests.

Thanks for the advice and great forum...I've learned alot.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You could do it and it would work but wouldn't be right and when you went to sell the house it would come up as a problem in the home inspection.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks