Sand/Sediment in well water

Users who are viewing this thread

shane21

Reaction score
Wow, how far off the road is your house? Maybe they are right and it did have something to do with the road crew.

Reach4

Reaction score
If I remember right my well is 265ft deep and they initially set the pump at 60ft deep.
Whoa.... yeah... how about much deeper... to where the pump would be lifting so high it can only supply a few gpm.

shane21

Reaction score
True but if they have to drop it that far then the pump was a poor technical fit for the well to begin with.

Reach4

Reaction score
True but if they have to drop it that far then the pump was a poor technical fit for the well to begin with.
That would be a fall-back position.... not the expected.

shane21

Reaction score
That would be a fall-back position.... not the expected.

I agree with that and I can see now my previous responses were poorly worded. What I should have said was that I don't understand the argument against installing pumps as deep as the pump allows while still being a good fit for the system. The way I worded them originally insinuated that installer should have dramatically oversized a system for a well like Travis' and that would just be overselling a system for no arguable reason other than to make more money.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks