Room dehumidifier switching off late, float switch seems OK

Users who are viewing this thread

AcidWater

Reaction score
I have a SoleusAir portable dehumidifier. Recently I have often found a slight overflow of the tank when I go to empty it. So its allowing the tank to overfill a little bit, before turning itself off.

I just disassembled it to look at the switch mechanism & it seems OK when I play with it. So what else might cause this? Wondering if the relay switch is unable to turn off because somewhere an electromagnet is keeping it engaged. Maybe the switch itself is worn out internally? When I push the relay lever manually it "clicks" at a certain point; this feels like normal behavior for that kind of switch.

The float is styrofoam, and there is a roller which depresses a plunger when empty, pushing inwards a lever on the electrical relay. As the float rises, the roller moves away from the plunger causing it to release the switch lever. If the plunger or roller were worn away & got smaller, it should turn off sooner.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks