Romex ground wire question

Users who are viewing this thread

Stardog700

Reaction score
I am daisychaining 3 light fixtures to provide some light in the unused attic space. They will be controlled by one, grounded single pole switch. The fixtures are the inexpensive, 2-wire, no ground screw, plastic housing type from HD, and will be attached to typical plastic junction boxes.

Since there is no ground screw inside the fixtures, and no metal surfaces anywhere where the conncections are made, I will simply tuck the Romex ground wire up inside the last junction box in the chain. However, I presume I still need to connect the actual Romex ground wires to each other inside the preceeding two junction boxes just to provide some sort of continuous wire run from the first fixture to the last. Is this correct practice?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks