Romex ground wire question

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by Stardog700, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Stardog700

Stardog700 New Member

I am daisychaining 3 light fixtures to provide some light in the unused attic space. They will be controlled by one, grounded single pole switch. The fixtures are the inexpensive, 2-wire, no ground screw, plastic housing type from HD, and will be attached to typical plastic junction boxes.

Since there is no ground screw inside the fixtures, and no metal surfaces anywhere where the conncections are made, I will simply tuck the Romex ground wire up inside the last junction box in the chain. However, I presume I still need to connect the actual Romex ground wires to each other inside the preceeding two junction boxes just to provide some sort of continuous wire run from the first fixture to the last. Is this correct practice?

2. Stuff

Stuff Well-Known Member

Yes, the grounds need connected.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. stardog

stardog Reporter

Thanks for the response. I presumed as much, just wanted to ensure I would be code compliant by connecting all the grounds.