roman tub and hand shower install

Users who are viewing this thread

badweed

Reaction score
Hello all and thanks in advance for your help.

I'm in the process of remodeling my master bath and it's time to install the water supply and valves for the air bath. I have cut and capped the old supply lines and need to install shut off valves before installing the faucet valves. Not a problem.

However, the problem I am having relates to the installation of the faucet valves and how to most efficiently attach the the faucet valves to both the water supply and the personal hand held shower diverter.

The directions tell me to use either the quick connect pack (not supplied) or to use soldered copper. Because the wife (basically the root of most of my difficulties) wants the handles on either side of the spout and the diverter valve and handheld shower sitting behind the spout on the tiled tub surround, copper piping will need to be a little creative. This is fine I suppose (I already needed to get creative with the shower plumbing), but I was thinking it would be really much easier to use braided water supply piping. All the connections on the valves are threaded. The flexibility of the braided supply hose would make all of this much easier.

So, the question of course, is whether there is any problem using flexible supply hose, or do I really need to stick with copper?

Thanks again

Steve

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
supplies

I assume you mean no problems other than that they are labled, "for use in exposed areas only", and the fact that they are too small to give a good flow to the tub? If those two things do not bother you then go ahead and use them.

badweed

Reaction score
Ya, that's the kind of feedback I was looking for. I have never plumbed in a roman tub faucet. If the diverter wasn't part of the package, it would be as easy as pie.

However, as I stated previously, the diverter makes the copper plumbing complex, especially since the wifee doesnt want them in a row.

It just seemed like a flexible piping solution would make entire business much easier. Is PEX an option for supply pipes and for piping between the hot/cold, diverter, spout and shower head.

BTW, the braided lines would be hidden so to speak inside the tub surround.

Thanks again

Steve

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks