Rising Tbird T-40

Users who are viewing this thread

Rsal59

Reaction score
I’m trying to unscrew a raindrop bird T40 to add a riser. I can’t do it. It just moves a bit. Don’t want to push it hard. Since T 40 is rather an old model just wanted to make sure T40 like other sprinklers can be unscrewed and there is not something special that I should do. Is it a good idea I use an oil filter locking piler to do that.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
These are nearly impossible to take apart and I never could do one. Always faster and easier to replace a bad one. I do not believe these are made anymore and have been replaced with a similar style such as Rain Bird 5000 rotor. You cannot remove the top half like pop ups.

However, if you are trying to remove the entire sprinkler, it should just be able to screw it out as with any other sprinkler, CCW.

This is an instruction sheet for the T-Bird
https://ww3.rainbird.com/documents/turf/man_tbird.pdf

HudsonDIY

Reaction score
These are nearly impossible to take apart and I never could do one

The only way I've ever managed to get these apart was with an old chain type oil filer wrench and a very large set of channel locks and that took some serious effort. Make sure there's nothing around because when it comes loose you'll bust a knuckle on something.

If you're talking about unscrewing the head from the PVC supply line, it should just unscrew without anything special unless you have some kind of setup I've never heard of before. If its stuck the worst thing you're going to do is break the riser and have to replace it. If you're unscrewing the head it should be dug up and uncovered anyway otherwise you'll end up with a line full of mud.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks