Right or wrong, bathroom sink change over double to single drain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Paul A Fitch

Reaction score
Hello, thanks for all the help you have given me as I lurked about in the past. Now I must post, and hope for the best. I have a new construction master bath, in a cellar. original rough was for a double sink vanity. now I am changing to a beautiful reclaimed buffet turned vanity/vessel sink. i opened the whole wall. I dont want the drains so low to the ground now that i have this awesome vanity. (hiding them in the buffet) the new height would be about 24 inches off the floor. Using the left drain run, can I simply 90 down the inside of the wall, and 90 over to the drain stack? (long 90) and cap/ plug the one on the right?
its a single stack dedicated for that sink/trap.
can i plug both, cut in a new tee at 24" off the floor?
Removing that double sanitary, scabbing in a pipe and 2 couplings, and then cutting in a left opening tee at 24" would absolutely suck in that wall. but if I have to, i will.

sink_drains__1583292789_74770.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Cut out the santee and install a new santee at the right height.
You can't 90 up without ruining the effect of the venting.

Paul A Fitch

Reaction score
Thanks Terry, guess what i did, i wanted to use slip or union at bottom, got everything fitted up, got ready for the last piece, the union, i pulled on the vent stack a little to sneak the union by, snapped a santee 6 feet up the wall, now that 3x 3 hole has a vertical strip heading up to the ceiling!!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks