Retro fitting a victorian tub with safey rails

Users who are viewing this thread

IleanasColors

Reaction score
Retro fitting a victorian tub with safety rails

Hello all,
Any ideas on where to get or how to make a safety handlebar/ steps for a old victorian tub and someone with a bad hip? Sorry I don't have a better pic.
Any ideas would be great:) Thanks Ileana

Attachments

• tub.bmp
    72.2 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
rails

Most clampon grab rails will not accomodate that rolled rim. As a matter of fact, that leg tub should be too high for someone with a handicap to climb over the edge.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Putting a rail in the tub isn't a good idea. Putting on on the wall(s) around thr tub is possible. That would likely mean no showers, though, since the shower curtain would block access to them.

MaintenanceGuy

In the Trades
Reaction score
A floor mounted bar outside the tub might work, they make floor mounted bars for placing next to toilets. You could easily reach it from the inside and use it to steady yourself. A carpenter our tile guy could make a nice small step or two to get you up to the tub. Of course, I don't know how you'd then get back out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks