Replumbed and all fixtures aren't getting water

Users who are viewing this thread

Dovid1365

Reaction score
I replumbed everything to the meter with PEX and when the city came to turn the water back on I was only getting a trickle by all the fixtures. After much juggling I was able to get what seems to be full flow to one fixture but a lot of the lines are still not filling up. Any ideas? I would assume I ended up with some thing caught in the lines but can't think how to track it down. Especially as it is obviously moving.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I had one job where the landscaping crew had accidentally cut the main line and they had dirt in the line. I wound up having to back flush the entire home. I hope yours is not so severe. For my fix I cut in after the main shutoff to the home and used a hosebib from there to connect a hose and using a anglestop and supply line was able to connect to different fixtures and run the water back out to the street, or at least toward the incoming 1" in the garage in this case.

When I turn water back on after a stoppage I like to use the tub as it does not have an aerator on it.
In fact, have you checked yours first? If the tub and outside hosebibs are working, check the aerators on your faucet. They may need cleaning or replacement.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I open or remove top of hosebib when turning water back on. dirt, debris, whatever , is in your pipes. Ive back flushed as terry suggested , Ive had to remove angle stops as well. not any rules to this , I used to carry a co2 bottle and blast it as well. Most of the time its minor just cleanning the aerator but it varies.

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
When I turn water back on after a stoppage I like to use the tub as it does not have an aerator on it.
In fact, have you checked yours first? If the tub and outside hosebibs are working, check the aerators on your faucet. They may need cleaning or replacement.

I learned that when I do any kind of plumbing on my house, or even if I need to shut down the well and drain the tank, the first thing I do is open the hosebib outside the basement slider before I turn the water back on and let it run about 10 minutes. Otherwise, it's not just the aerators that get slammed but the pistons in the equalizing shower valves can get stuck as well.

John

Dovid1365

Reaction score
I had one job where the landscaping crew had accidentally cut the main line and they had dirt in the line. I wound up having to back flush the entire home. I hope yours is not so severe. For my fix I cut in after the main shutoff to the home and used a hosebib from there to connect a hose and using a anglestop and supply line was able to connect to different fixtures and run the water back out to the street, or at least toward the incoming 1" in the garage in this case.

Sounds like this is what I will have to do. Turned on by a slop sink with no aerators originally and was having the issue.
I don't fit understands what you did though. So you connected a hose bib to your main right after the shut off and where able to connect a hose to that too have flowing water but what is it that you did with the angle stop and supply lines?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sounds like this is what I will have to do. Turned on by a slop sink with no aerators originally and was having the issue.
I don't fit understands what you did though. So you connected a hose bib to your main right after the shut off and where able to connect a hose to that too have flowing water but what is it that you did with the angle stop and supply lines?
back feed and blow water back out of the house through the angle stop conection. its convienient to put a valve on the end of the hose so you dont have to run back and forth out of the house turning water on. hope this makes sence and im explaining it well? its not much fun but this is what I do sounds like Terry was doing something like this. We come up with diferant fittings and valves on hand

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks