Users who are viewing this thread

Dbud

Reaction score
Need to replace my submersible well water pump what size pump do I need? Well Depth 120ft, Casing Depth 82ft, Static Water 50, Diameter 4" looking for a good 1hp that will easily do like 20 gpm any recommendations please

Reach4

Reaction score
1. Normally you re-use the drop pipe. Would that apply?
2. If you have steel casing the recommendation would differ than if you have PVC casing. With steel, I would be looking to an SQ pump.
3. a 1 HP 20gpm pump is way overkill for a house, but would be ok if doing a lot of higher volume irrigation.

4. If irrigating your farm for hours on end, you will want a more power-efficient pump.

Dbud

Reaction score
It's a steel casing if 20gpm is overkill what is your best recommendation will be pulling it myself I'm on a budget

Dbud

Reaction score
1. Normally you re-use the drop pipe. Would that apply?
2. If you have steel casing the recommendation would differ than if you have PVC casing. With steel, I would be looking to an SQ pump.
3. a 1 HP 20gpm pump is way overkill for a house, but would be ok if doing a lot of higher volume irrigation.

4. If irrigating your farm for hours on end, you will want a more power-efficient pump.
It's a steel casing if 20gpm is overkill what is your best recommendation will be pulling it myself I'm on a budget

Dbud

Reaction score
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated thanks

Last edited:

Dbud

Reaction score
Help picking the best 3 wire submersible pump for my house so I can have water been without water for a week now what pump should I be getting

Reach4

Reaction score
The SQ pumps are 2-wire.
The Grundfos 10SQ05-200 or 5sq05-180 look appropriate to me.
I will message a couple shopping links.

You can put a flow inducer shroud around it or not.

Last edited:

GReynolds929

Reaction score
Stop spamming your thread dude...be patient. People will respond.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
My favorite 1HP for that depth would be the 16S10 Grundfos. But brand name pumps are not that much better than box store pumps these days, so I wouldn't pay several times as much for one. Just search for a 16 to 22 GPM, 1HP pump as there are countless possibilities these days. Just don't get one with iron end bells and motor adapter, Plastic, brass, or SS is best. Even the cheap pumps will last a long time if you don't let them cycle themselves to death. Since cycling on and off is what causes most pump failures, adding a Cycle Stop Valve will make any pump last longer. Cycle Stop Valves have been making pumps last longer since 1993, which I believe is the main reason pump manufacturers have cheapened up their pumps even more.

PK1A Sub Pitless House.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks