Replacing cast iron drain Issue

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by mspears, Sep 29, 2020.

1. mspears

mspears New Member

Hello,

I hired this plumber , after been paid, he will not return my calls . Now, I'm forced to try to fix this on my own. After doing some research, I believe he installed the san -tee backward. I'm unsure whether it should be turn 45 degree or not. Please help me to fix this mess.

I'm unsure of exactly what I need to cut out and replace. And if I turn the tee 45 degree how to get the drain line to connect to the vent in the limited space available.

Here are the before and after pictures. I have one question. Why can't I connect to the vent like the before pictures? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_20200922_084253148 (1).jpg

IMG_20200929_173554305 (1).jpg

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Is the smaller PVC pipe coming from the lavatory (bathroom sink)?

Is the bigger PVC trap and pipe the drain for the shower?

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. mspears

mspears New Member

The smaller is the 1 1/2" is the vent and 2" is the tub. The tub is the only fixtures for the vent.

5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    It should have been a wye fitting, and tilted up to be higher than the trap arm to the tub if possible.

And yes, it was backwards.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020