Replacing Bathroom Faucet -- Copper Pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

jsix

Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you Terry for having this great forum -- it has been helpful to me on many occasions!!

We are replacing our cultured marble countertops in our master bath w laminate counters and vessel sinks. I see these copper pipes under our sinks ... Will I be able to unscrew the copper pipe at the nut just above the water shut off valves and be able to use flexible steel hoses to attach our new vessel sink faucets?

image.jpg

Thanks in advance! We appreciate your help.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Yes, those are 3/8" compression stops there.
The faucet may come with it's own supplies, and if not, the 3/8" x 1/2" lav supplies.

Waynebonnelljr@gmail

Old school.
Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you Terry for having this great forum -- it has been helpful to me on many occasions!!

We are replacing our cultured marble countertops in our master bath w laminate counters and vessel sinks. I see these copper pipes under our sinks ... Will I be able to unscrew the copper pipe at the nut just above the water shut off valves and be able to use flexible steel hoses to attach our new vessel sink faucets?

View attachment 31690
Thanks in advance! We appreciate your help.
Of course. Make sure you back up any fitting with equal force so it doesn't fail as Plumbing could be old. If it takes too much effort remember to know where to shut of all water to home before any improvements. You will know when you've gone beyond your capabilities.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It's nice to replace the shutoffs with some new ones while you're doing the work as they often do not work great after a lot of years, plus, the new ones will be nice and shiny! It looks like those are screw-on, and some pipe dope or some tape on the threads would likely make that easy. Consider 1/4-turn, washerless ones.

jsix

Reaction score
Many thanks to all of you! I really appreciate everybody's help. Terry, I'm in Texas, but if I were near you, you we definitely call you for our plumbing needs!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks