Replacement trim kit for old Pfister roman tub

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by mako77, Oct 3, 2012.

1. mako77

mako77 New Member

I would like to replace this trim kit. Price Pfister says this is their model but they don't have on that fits without changing the valve. I don't have access to the valve without cutting into exterior wall or ruining the front of the cultured marble tub. Is there an after market solution or another avenue to pursue?

Attached Files:

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    What are you trying to change it to? A new spout will work if you change the adapter. I don't remember if your plastic retainers will work with the new stem escutcheons, but I think I put "O" rings on them to increase their size. And Pfister should have "short" Roman Tub stems if you want differenent handles.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. mako77

mako77 New Member

Attached is photos of what I bought before I knew it wouldn't work with current valve. Will this work with the modifications you recommended or do I need to look for something else? Optimized-033.jpg Optimized-032.jpg

5. Josh V

Josh V New Member

I am praying someone can help - I just removed the exact same brass price pfister roman tub spout. I need to install a new brushed nickel spout. I cannot access under the tub and all that is there is the existing 1” of exposed 1/2” brass and the old bracket. Does anyone know of something I can buy to install on this?

F4978433-6165-4216-813D-79791AA7743D.jpeg 9F8D8313-3774-4471-A335-128CC4C2112D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2020