Replacement motor and control box for old Franklin Electric

Users who are viewing this thread

ccrobin

Reaction score
I just purchased a house and am having intermittent problems with the well pump. Occasionally the pump stops running. If I cycle the disconnect switch it will sometimes start up, but often times I hear a clicking coming from the motor control box. Tapping the box seems to get things running again.

I'd like to replace the controller, but having a hard time determining a comparable replacement as this unit is so old I am unable to find a cross reference.

According to the data plate, the controller is a Franklin Electric, Model: CBC4005X, 230V, 4.7 Amp, 1/2 HP, 3450 RPM, CYC 60, Ph 1, SF Amp 5.65, Code L, Date SS.

Any assistance with a recommended replacement would be appreciated.

ccrobin

Reaction score
Just Google 1/2HP Franklin Control Box. I see lots of places to get them. But just about any 1/2HP control box will work.

Thanks for the fast reply. I see 2 models from Franklin, one is QD, the other is CRC. Does it matter which style I use?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks