replace moldy condensate drain tube on power vent water heater

Users who are viewing this thread

NSB00

Reaction score
I assume the transparent vinyl tubing on this power vent water heater is a drain for the exhaust condensate. I'm guessing the loop functions as a trap. The tube runs to a floor drain. The inside of the tube is lined with mold and the loop is kinked in 2 places. Because of the kinks, it appears the tube may have never functioned well as a drain. This installation is about 10 years old in a relative's house. [The houses I have lived in have only had basic low efficiency water heaters vented up a b-vent flue.]

I want to replace this drain tube with new tubing and ensure no kinks in the loop this time.

But just checking--is there a better way to do this condensate drain?

thanks

Attachments

• water heater condensate drain.jpg
    water heater condensate drain.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 6,898

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
EZ trap.pngI might run it in pvc with a proper trap - something like the ez-trap shown here.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks