Recommendation on replacement of timers/valve bodies

Users who are viewing this thread

LarryTX

Reaction score
hi. i inherited this system when i purchased the home. the system seems to run OK with the following quirks:
- sediment and carbon filter cycling is done manually; the water softener is set to automatic
- the sediment filter has an intermittent connection such that i have to wiggle the pins on the harness connector. this is fixable i'm sure.
- when i cycle the carbon filter, i have to push a red "button" that seems to be holding the blue gear (see picture, the red button is barely visible towards the bottom of the black part). i suppose this the "clock" mechanism based on how much water passes thru the valve. if i dont manually intervene, the cycle will go on indefinitely.
- i've notice several small leaks in the valve body, different place, across all 3 timers.

so my question - rather than try to rebuild each of the valve bodies/timers... are there recommended replacements for these timers? ideally i'd like something i can tap into via WiFi, Zigbee, or similar to monitor the cycling. i'm attaching some pics for reference. thanks for the advice.
IMG_3869.jpg

IMG_3870.jpg

IMG_3871.jpg

IMG_3872.jpg

IMG_3868.jpg

ps - the plumbing on this is crazy, which is why i'm not hesitant to replace as i'll then have the opportunity to redo and make it more maintenance-friendly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks