Recirc Pump... Am I Overthinking?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Arca, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Arca

Arca New Member

Hello all,

I am running a HW loop with dedicated return line. Pump is under my double vanity, last fixture on the loop. I now have concerns that the pump may starve the fixture...I was going to plumb it like this:

upload_2020-10-29_9-54-10.png
    Do you guys see any issue, or as I mentioned am I overthinking?

2. Tuttles Revenge

Tuttles Revenge In the Trades

Water will go to the path of least resistance under pressure. An open faucet will be vastly less pressure than the pump. There are others on this forum who have more technical knowledge about how pumps work via pressure differentials and may have opinions on what side of the pump to draw from.. but I doubt it makes a difference.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Arca

Arca New Member

I agree, that's my line of thinking. I planned it this way to simplify plumbing in my limited space, but I am wondering if I should T to the fixture then 90 to the pump. Should work as my faucet plumbing will be flexible.

5. fitter30

fitter30 Well-Known Member

Retired service tech
    Needs a check valve in discharge of the pump. Swing checks have to be horizontal.

6. Arca

Arca New Member

Yes sir, but I was actually going to put it down at my HW tank, right above the T into the tank drain. I am a little limited in space at the pump/vanity.

Any issue with that? Thanks for the reply.

7. fitter30

fitter30 Well-Known Member

Retired service tech
    No problem with putting it at the tank .