Question about Tightening Braided Supply Lines

Users who are viewing this thread

Cai24

Reaction score
Is there a general rule for tightening braided supply lines? I’m afraid of under tightening but also afraid of over tightening. I usually hand tighten them as much as possible and then go 1/4 turn with the wrench. Is that the correct way to do it? Do I want the least amount of tightening that produces no leaks? If I do have a leak, should I tighten until it stops, or is it better to turn off the water go another 1/4 turn, turn on the water and check again, etc. Sorry for the stupid question, but I just want to understand how the pros do it.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most of those braided lines rely on a rubber gasket to seal. They generally don't need to be super tight similar to a garden hose. If it weeps a little, no need to shut the water off, just tighten a little bit until it stops.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks