Question About Standalone Tub In A Shower/wet Room

Users who are viewing this thread

Molly Totoro

Reaction score
Hello,

New to the board and searched for this question but did not find it so here's a new post.

We are redoing our master bath to have a stand alone tub inside the shower. And we are trying to figure out where to place the drain and how to slope the floor. The plumber is adamant that the tub must be level and that only the area where the shower is would be sloped, rather like the picture shown here (which is much nicer than my bathroom will ever look).

My concern is that in this event, water from the shower that lands near the tub or water that sloshes out of the tub will pool and become a slip and contamination hazard. I suggested placing a linear trench drain along the entrance to shower enclosure and sloping the entire wet room towards it but he says that the tub absolutely must be level. In Japan, where this type of arrangement is very common, the tub (usually made out of cypress) is shimmed slightly so that it is level but the floor is sloped.
However, do you think we should just do as the plumber suggests?

unnamed.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks