Quarter 0.25 mile water line from meter to house

Users who are viewing this thread

niko7099

Reaction score
Note that piping should not be run straight for long distances. This is to accommodate thermal expansion and contracton. There used to be a document on the web that got into the thermal considerations. That is no longer where it was. https://www.charlottepipe.com/uploads/documents/technical/CPF-18.pdf is something, but not extensive.
@Reach4 thanks.. so how have you run ? i am not clear.. since the trench is only 24 " at max, how you do you snake it so its not straight ? any experience you can share how to do it right ? obviously the trench is not straight as the driveway is curved .. does that help ?

Reach4

Reaction score
I have no relevant experience. I know what I read mostly. Even in a 12 inch wide trench, it seems to me that you could do a bit of snaking. Mainly, don't pull the pipe tight.

So how would it be to have the trench meander some? I don't know.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
@Reach4 obviously the trench is not straight as the driveway is curved .. does that help ?
No that wasn't obvious, and yes it helps. If the pipe is in a curve it has room to flex. Can't really snake it up and down in the ditch. The ditch itself just needs to snake around instead of being straight. Or curved is fine.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks