PVC to Brass Shower Direct Drain Connetion

Users who are viewing this thread

Brian L

Reaction score
I've got a Jacuzzi Inizio freestanding bathtub that I'd like to drain with direct drain attached to the overflow. (Drain would go vertically down from center of tub rather than horizontal back to tie to overflow per the attached Watco Drain). I've also got a freestanding tub drain kit (OS&B ITD 5135, attached). What is the best way to connect the Watco PVC drain to the brass tailpiece that slides into the OS&B? Do I solvent weld the PVC adapter to the Watco and thread the flanged brass tailpiece onto the adapter with the supplied brass nut? Do I need to use teflon tape, or is there a better way? I've never connected PVC to brass before. I'd like to use the OS&B drain kit because of it's simplicity and ease, but it only works with the supplied brass tailpiece.

Thank you,
Brian

Attachments

• Watco Drain.pdf
    35.5 KB · Views: 108
  • OSB 5135.pdf
    116.2 KB · Views: 265
  • SpecINF-W-May-2017.pdf
    59.6 KB · Views: 94
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks