Pump recommendations

Users who are viewing this thread

BiancaM

Reaction score
We live off grid in the desert and have water brought in in trucks. We usually get about 600gallons per trip. We have 2 300gallon totes and they sit level with the house floor outside. We have freezing temps and snow and plan on building an enclosure for tanks and pump to avoid exploding the pump and freezing pipes.
Up until recently have been using 12v self priming fresh water pumps from Amazon but really tired of replacing them every years. Recently have been looking into jet pumps with pressure tanks. Is this the right way to go or is there a better solution? I even thought about building a water tower instead to avoid pumps but not sure what's better. Pump? Water tower? If pump, which?

This is the pump I'm currently looking at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088K62G42/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_AJCSDEJM4TC4RS0VHAA7

Some info on output: we have 1 shower, 2 sinks, 1 washer and would like to be able to water garden.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I thought you said you were tired of replacing the pump every year?

Review for that pump;
You should leave it right behind the back tire of your truck. It's garbage
By Jake Jacobs on July 13, 2021

If you want something that will last and will give you strong constant pressure you need a GOOD jet pump like a Goulds J5SH and control it with a PK1A kit and 4.5 gallon size tank.

https://cyclestopvalves.com/pages/reviews

Jet pump and PK1A.jpeg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks