Pump pressure switch

Users who are viewing this thread

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Normally we would use one of the CSV125 valves and install it in the well below the pitless. However, the CSV125 can only handle a max pressure of 150 PSI, and again, the problem is your pump is way over-sized, and with the high static level will build more than 150 PSI.

Wilson01

Reaction score
I understand, wonder why they would use a pump that was way oversized. I don’t know that much about it but I would think the deeper the well the more hp the pump would need to be, guess I’m wrong. The guy who owned to the drilling company is a good friend of mine. He’s 76 years old now and retired and sold the business a couple years ago. He ran the business for 50 years and he’s a great guy. I’m going to see him next weekend and maybe I’ll pick his brain to see why he used that size pump. The other thing I’m wondering about is it says my well is a total depth of 500’ and my pump was set at 495’. To me 5’ doesn’t seem like much of a reservoir for sediment to settle over the years. I just had to install a whole house filtration system because of sand in plugging everything up in our house. When this pump goes I’ll definitely be in touch to see what size pump you suggest so a CSV will work with my system.
I really appreciate your help

Reach4

Reaction score
I understand, wonder why they would use a pump that was way oversized. I don’t know that much about it but I would think the deeper the well the more hp the pump would need to be, guess I’m wrong. The guy who owned to the drilling company is a good friend of mine. He’s 76 years old now and retired and sold the business a couple years ago. He ran the business for 50 years and he’s a great guy.
He was not sure how deep you were going to draw down the water. He wanted margin.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks