Proper dishwasher drain connection?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by bgrainger, Jun 11, 2020.

1. bgrainger

bgrainger New Member

i am replacing my current double sink with a deeper double sink. Due to the drain coming from the wall height i need to reconfigure the piping. my question, is it a legal, proper connection to install the dishwasher connection pipe horizontally between the 2 sink drains. currently, the 2 drains tee in to the vertical dishwasher pipe then to the P trap. i need the 3 inches this takes up. i see it pictured horizontally online multiple times but i don't know if this is truly a correct method. thanks in advance for your help.

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    As long as it connects before the p-trap you're golden.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement