Problem with Tub drainage and sink backflow

Users who are viewing this thread

JayrodEF

Reaction score
My tub has been very slow draining lately so I ran a snake through as far as I could via a cap on the top of a T joint just above the drain's trap. I pulled out quite a bit of junk so I figured the problem was fixed. I covered the joint back up and tried to run water through it and it's actually worse now. Water is actually not running through at all. Also, the bathroom sink drains into the tub now. Any suggestions would be great, thanks!

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
drain

Don't know what you used tas a snake, but if you got beyond the trap, go there again and use more snake. Or go in through your sink drain by taking the stopper out of the basin and wind your snake through at that point.
Once your through the trap it will go easier and while your doing that put some water in the bath tub so you can see it. Keep winding the snake in and when the water leaves the tub means your drain is open.
Now turn the hot water on and wind the snake back. Now you have done a pretty good job.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It sounds like to me that you had a major clog, and stopped short of clearing it all...you also pushed some of it tighter together, which really clogged things up. My unprofessional opinon.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks