Problem with Moen kitchen diverter

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by VTBlogger, Nov 17, 2015.

1. VTBlogger

VTBlogger New Member

Hi, guys. I just took apart my Moen single-handle kitchen faucet to replace the cartridge and some O-rings. When I pulled the spout off, the diverter collar came with it, so I don't know exactly how it was positioned on the valve body. It doesn't easily push down to the bottom of the valve; it sits about a quarter-inch above the bottom bearing washer. I didn't want to force it down for fear of breaking it. But after putting it all back together, the spray hose is a little weak, and the bulk of the water comes out of the spout.

Can you tell me how far down the diverter collar is supposed to go? Should I force it further down?
    Thanks for your help.

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    Moen uses several different styles of diverter. I think I know which one you are referring to, but a picture would help identify it.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. VTBlogger

VTBlogger New Member

Thanks, hj. Here's the parts diagram.
    Moen.PNG

5. hj

Plumber
    REplace it. Call 1-800-BUY-MOEN and have them send you a replacement.

6. VTBlogger

VTBlogger New Member

OK, thanks.

7. hj

Plumber
    With that diverter, the only two ways I have ever been successful were;
    1. Remove it and toss it away, then let the water flow from the spout while using the spray, or
    2. Replace it.