Problem with Moen kitchen diverter

Users who are viewing this thread

VTBlogger

Reaction score
Hi, guys. I just took apart my Moen single-handle kitchen faucet to replace the cartridge and some O-rings. When I pulled the spout off, the diverter collar came with it, so I don't know exactly how it was positioned on the valve body. It doesn't easily push down to the bottom of the valve; it sits about a quarter-inch above the bottom bearing washer. I didn't want to force it down for fear of breaking it. But after putting it all back together, the spray hose is a little weak, and the bulk of the water comes out of the spout.

Can you tell me how far down the diverter collar is supposed to go? Should I force it further down?
Thanks for your help.

VTBlogger

Reaction score
Thanks, hj. Here's the parts diagram.
Moen.PNG

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
With that diverter, the only two ways I have ever been successful were;
1. Remove it and toss it away, then let the water flow from the spout while using the spray, or
2. Replace it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks