Problem Solving-Toilet Waste Drain-2nd floor bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Nicholas Meyers

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post, based on all of the helpful discussions I've seen here in the past, I'm hopeful someone can give me a quick bit of guidance.

I've uploaded a labeled image which should save a lot of words.

I'm working with 3" sch 40 ABS. Essentially I need to laterally shift the toilet flange a minimum of 6" along the wall.
Normally, I would simply cut the riser, rotate the elbow that comes off of it, and extend the horizontal pipe section.
However this is not an option-the elbow coming off the riser is tucked under a wall and flush to the first floor ceiling below, and access below is not possible without serious demolition.

I'm hoping someone has dealt with a similar situation. I was thinking it might be possible to use a no-hub/fernco with an offset reducing closet flange of some kind.

I realize I'll have more options if I move the toilet farther out into the room, but I'd of course like to avoid this.

The dimension are labeled but to clarify there's 5" of exposed horizontal pipe between the two elbows, the center of the horizontal pipe is 4" below the tops of the joists, and the flange needs to come at least 6" over toward the joist near the top of the pic.

I really appreciate any input,
Nick
IMG_3104.JPG
IMG_3105.JPG
IMG_3106.JPG

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You might sneak an offset flange in there. But, you really don't want to cut into the top of the joist in that location. Not all offset flanges are created equal...you want one that maintains the ID the whole depth
black-oatey-abs-fittings-436662-64_1000.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks