Priming a drain from laundry faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

DmToronto

Reaction score
I bought from Costco a Westinghouse laundry sink with a “goose neck” faucet. I need to prime the drain from this faucet ( to pass inspection) but the faucet has a non standard thread and we can’t find a compatible connector anywhere in Toronto area. The spare Moen faucet I have won’t work either because it has a push fit not a threaded fit. It looks like I will need to buy a new faucet which almost doubles the cost of the utility sink ! Westinghouse customer service was of no help. can anyone suggest where I could find/buy a T connection with a thread (that would fit the faucet) or another cost effective solution for priming the drain? There is a washer and sink in the room. Thanks in advance.

Reach4

Reaction score
I need to prime the drain from this faucet ( to pass inspection) but the faucet has a non standard thread and we can’t find a compatible connector anywhere in Toronto area.
That seems odd. You want to prime "the drain" of the laundry sink?
You have a "non standard thread" at the output end of the "“goose neck” faucet" that you want to tee off of?
That would be awkward, as well as weird.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If you mean you need a "trap primer" to maintain the drain's seal, that is NOT the way to do it. You install a primer valve in the cold water line to the faucet and then run a line from it to the drain.

DmToronto

Reaction score
Sorry if I got the jargon wrong or didn’t describe the issue correctly. I need to prime the floor drain in the laundry room. The room has a sink, a washer, and a hot water tank. From what little I know, I believe the plumber planned to T off the faucet but the thread is non standard and there is no way to connect to the faucet ( perhaps it is there’s no way to connect the primer valve in the cold water line to the faucet?)

I went to a big box store today and was told that since the sink is a “utility” sink versus a “laundry” sink, the faucet doesn’t have to have a prime line; and, there is no way to connect one. It sounds like there’s no other option but to buy a new faucet, one that has a prime line included. I thought this was a simple case of sourcing a T somewhere that would fit the faucet thread but I guess I was mistaken.

Reach4

Reaction score
It sounds like there’s no other option but to buy a new faucet, one that has a prime line included.
I don't know if such a thing exists, but you would not need one if it did.

I suggest you post a photo or two that shows what you are dealing with.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks