Pretty sure I'm boned now. Shower valve broke off.

Users who are viewing this thread

houndzilla

Reaction score
In the middle of a basement renovation (for a second bathroom). Nearly all the copper rough in is done, but the remaining shower has a trickle of hot water pressure.

I've replaced the valve before so I figured I'd do it again.

Well, the cap was on tighter than I recall putting it back on. Turned out the turning I felt was not the cap but the copper supplies into the valve body yielding.

delta-snapped-off.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/unkRF

I suppose that I'm now starting renovations on my only useable bathroom?

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com

houndzilla

Reaction score
Thanks Terry, wife is PISSED. Doubly so because I realized the as part of the new copper rough in downstairs for the in progress renovation the plumber forgot to put in the requested shut offs for the bathroom branch. So I can't turn on water to any part of the house.

I'll start calling around to the local supply houses tomorrow to see if the have it stocked. This shower is original to the house (1957) and I should have known better than to mess with it now. Plan was to demo and remodel it ~18months after the basement project wraps up.

This remodel trim will help minimize the amount of rework that I'll have to do.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks