Pressure Switch and Sand Problem!

Users who are viewing this thread

Garry

Reaction score
I have a 80 ft. well. It has been drawing a small amount of very fine sand all along. Now it is pulling sand a silt fairly heavy to the point of the water being discolored. It holds pressure as long as the water isn't on but when I turn on water, the pressure switch constantly clicks on and off the entire time. It burned out the 40/60 pressure switch. I replaced it with a 30/50 and it still constantly clicks the points on and off. Help!:confused:

Speedbump

Reaction score
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, you need a new well. Preferably drilled by someone who can drill a sand free well.

bob...

Garry

Reaction score
Is there no other way? I have had this operational for almost 4 years. Could it be a broken casing? Thank you for the help Bob!

Last edited:

Speedbump

Reaction score
Sorry, I've been out of town.

I don't know how you could improve on what you have. The sand is just there and it's almost impossible to make it stop.

bob...

Raucina

Reaction score
All sand aside, this just sounds like a bad pressure tank. Pumps dont cycle on and off from no water, but from a waterlogged tank. Stop thinking about a well until you check out your tank and add some air.

No water, you will get an ON but not an OFF. On- Off should mean bad tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks