Plumbing new future kitchen

Users who are viewing this thread

David Link

Reaction score
I am looking for some information on how to correctly plumb\vent a new future kitchen. We had a addition built this year adding on to the existing kitchen\dinning room which used to be separate. We remove 2 walls to create a open floor plan. Before I sheetrock the ceiling I wanted to identify the correct way to running the vent for what will be a kitchen sink below the 2 windows. Can the vent be 1 1/2" PVC and can it run horizontal from the center of the windows and then simply run vertical threw the top plate and vented out the roof. I have seen similar pictures where the vent was ran at a angle before running vertical. What fittings should be used at the horizontal and end of the vertical runs. The height below the windows is 42" and the horizontal run before its vertical run is roughly 3'. How high does the horizontal run need to be from the floor

Attachments

• 20191203_085425.jpg
    20191203_085425.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 165
  • 20190801_151009.jpg
    20190801_151009.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 164

David Link

Reaction score
Can the vent just be ran like shown in the picture below?

Attachments

• 20190801_151009.jpg
    20190801_151009.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 153

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Normally you want the vent 6" above flood level when it turns horizontal. That puts it at 42"

I often put the 2" waste line to the side and trap arm over to center for the drain keeping the vent vertical. You will want a clean out for the sink.
Lately a lot of plumbers are stubbing up with 2" and using an AAV on the kitchen sinks.

sink_dw.jpg

A standard rough for a sink.

kitchen-sink-rough-aav.jpg

This was done for an Island sink.

David Link

Reaction score
I don't believe that the city of Bloomington, MN allows the use of a AAV. Never less I should be able to just run the vent horizontal just below the framing of the windows which is 42" before cutting over and running it vertical like this correct?

Normally you want the vent 6" above flood level when it turns horizontal. That puts it at 42"

I often put the 2" waste line to the side and trap arm over to center for the drain keeping the vent vertical. You will want a clean out for the sink.
Lately a lot of plumbers are stubbing up with 2" and using an AAV on the kitchen sinks.

sink_dw.jpg

A standard rough for a sink.

kitchen-sink-rough-aav.jpg

This was done for an Island sink.

Attachments

• 20190801_151009.jpg
    20190801_151009.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 129
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks