Plumbing new future kitchen

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by David Link, Dec 3, 2019.

1. David Link

David Link New Member

I am looking for some information on how to correctly plumb\vent a new future kitchen. We had a addition built this year adding on to the existing kitchen\dinning room which used to be separate. We remove 2 walls to create a open floor plan. Before I sheetrock the ceiling I wanted to identify the correct way to running the vent for what will be a kitchen sink below the 2 windows. Can the vent be 1 1/2" PVC and can it run horizontal from the center of the windows and then simply run vertical threw the top plate and vented out the roof. I have seen similar pictures where the vent was ran at a angle before running vertical. What fittings should be used at the horizontal and end of the vertical runs. The height below the windows is 42" and the horizontal run before its vertical run is roughly 3'. How high does the horizontal run need to be from the floor

Attached Files:

2. David Link

David Link New Member

Can the vent just be ran like shown in the picture below?

Attached Files:

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Attached Files:

4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Normally you want the vent 6" above flood level when it turns horizontal. That puts it at 42"

I often put the 2" waste line to the side and trap arm over to center for the drain keeping the vent vertical. You will want a clean out for the sink.
    Lately a lot of plumbers are stubbing up with 2" and using an AAV on the kitchen sinks.

[​IMG]

A standard rough for a sink.

[​IMG]

This was done for an Island sink.