Plumbing from one sink to two sinks (drain pipe question)

Users who are viewing this thread

mich5blue

Reaction score
I am planning to add a second sink in my current bathroom remodel. In the picture attached, I am planning to move the water lines to come out the wall (it is an inside wall) vs the floor as it a freestanding vanity.

For the drain pipes, what do you think the best way is to tie the sink that will be on the right back to the drain pipe? The sink on the left will be easy, but the one on the right will be a little trickier given there is a 2nd pipe coming up and tying back into the one on the left above.

Attachments

• IMG_0823.jpeg
    IMG_0823.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 188

mich5blue

Reaction score
The pipe on the right is a vent. You can 45 that over to relocate it.

Thanks. I removed a portion of the floor and see it goes straight right where the floor plate is so I could just bring it up to the wall sooner to relocate it (see pic for reference)?

Also, s what I have laid out in the picture an ok way to solve the problem of moving the vent pipe on the right, and also plumbing for the drains for the two sinks? I know it is tough to see, but using a wye connector towards the bottom to go to each sink, and then moving the pipe originally on the right which I confirmed a vent pipe, to come up further down the wall on the right, and attaching back to the pipe on the left higher up?

Attachments

• new-compressed.jpg
    new-compressed.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 174

Reach4

Reaction score
That may be fine. I don't know if you would need to upgrade any of the 1.5 inch pipe to 2 inch. I did not find a 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 double fixture fitting.

This is a potential alternative with a new drain through the floor instead of a new vent through the floor. Two separate sanitary tees. It might be easier or harder in the basement.

img_1.jpg

mich5blue

Reaction score
That may be fine. I don't know if you would need to upgrade any of the 1.5 inch pipe to 2 inch. I did not find a 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 double fixture fitting.

This is a potential alternative with a new drain through the floor instead of a new vent through the floor. Two separate sanitary tees. It might be easier or harder in the basement.

View attachment 50093

Thanks, that sounds like a reasonable alternative. That would probably be quite a bit more difficult though given this is a 2nd floor bathroom, so I don't really have access below it other than the small areas I cut out in the floor.

Maybe I am not reading the specifications right, but is this a 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 (https://www.menards.com/main/plumbi...-c-8557.htm?tid=3506092291703173769&ipos=17)?

mich5blue

Reaction score
ahhh, right. thanks!

i guess something similar to this could be an option too (just found this pic to show an idea, it isnt a pic of my setup) - vent the one on the right separately.

Attachments

• vent.jpg
    vent.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 147

mich5blue

Reaction score
ahhh, right. thanks!

i guess something similar to this could be an option too (just found this pic to show an idea, it isnt a pic of my setup) - vent the one on the right separately.

this is what i meant (it would be two san tees on the drain pipe, one going right, one going left) :

the black squiggly means I am getting rid of that vent pipe (it is coming up through the floor on the far right instead)

Attachments

• Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 175

Reach4

Reaction score
On that last one, you could join the right drain to the left below the santee as in your attachment in #8.

While you are at it, you probably want a cleanout also. It is more at transitions from vertical to horizontal that clogs tend to happen.

mich5blue

Reaction score
On that last one, you could join the right drain to the left below the santee as in your attachment in #8.

While you are at it, you probably want a cleanout also. It is more at transitions from vertical to horizontal that clogs tend to happen.

Is this what you mean? I think the san tee for drain on the left would be on top though. Or would a double san tee be better here?

Sketched out what I think we discussed.

Where would I put the clean out?

Thanks for all the help with this, I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• Webp.net-compress-image (1).jpg
    Webp.net-compress-image (1).jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks