Please help! Toto THU460.6D-A flush valve replacement

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Celeste Januszewski, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Celeste Januszewski

Celeste Januszewski New Member

I had a hell of a time getting the flapper off the flush valve on a one-piece Toto CST864 toilet -- and ended up breaking off one of the pegs that holds the flapper on. Now I need to replace the whole flush valve, only to find that the tube is now replaced with a tower.
    Is this a relatively easy DIY replacement? I've not had any luck googling for a video on how to do this.
    Is it time to call the plumber?

Thank you.

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    The flush valves, both the flapper and the tower can be remove with a Philips head screwdriver.

[​IMG]

The tower that lifts and drops, with the chain attached rotates out counterclockwise from the flush valve.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The securing blocks pivot inward for removal and inserting, and then swing out to hold the flush valve to the bowl.
    A Philips head screwdriver is all you need. The picture here doesn't show the rubber seal that sits in the groove there.

If you're removing a flapper on an existing toilet, sometimes a box knife is good for cutting off the rubber flapper, being careful to not harm the pins.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Celeste Januszewski

Celeste Januszewski New Member

WOW! That was fast. I'll go grab my Phillips!
    THANK YOU.