HunkyWunky

Reaction score

Attachments

• 46CDC9B9-C5D9-420F-A905-B365DC5DD6FE.jpeg
    46CDC9B9-C5D9-420F-A905-B365DC5DD6FE.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 272

Reach4

Reaction score
Hardness 3.2 - 24 grains. That is quite a range.

I am thinking 2.5 cubic ft if you might be at the 24 grain level much.

If your hardness were 11 grains, then 1.5 would be appropriate.

HunkyWunky

Reaction score
Hardness 3.2 - 24 grains. That is quite a range.

I am thinking 2.5 cubic ft if you might be at the 24 grain level much.

If your hardness were 11 grains, then 1.5 would be appropriate.
Thank you very much for your reply,

I tested water hardness regularly for a few months.. It come out around 14-16

Bannerman

Reaction score
Since you know the water hardness at your location is 16 grains per gallon, add 3 more gpg when calculating which softener size to buy and when actually programming the softener. That will provide some allowance for times when hardness may be higher, often due to varying water consumption through the city, or when distribution system maintenance is performed.

The most common recommendation is to obtain a large enough softener to deliver at least 1 week of usable capacity while using an efficient salt setting.

The recommended salt settings that provide a balance of efficiency and good quality soft water are 6 lbs or 8 lbs salt per cuft of resin.

As your compensated water hardness is 19 gpg (16 + 3) X 320 gal/day, your softening load will be 6,080 grains/day or 42,560 grains per week.

The top row of the chart below will indicate various salt settings with the applicable usable capacities in each column below. You will see 6 lbs salt/cuft (15 lbs total) will provide 52,500 usable grains in a 2.5 cuft softener, whereas a 2 cuft unit will provide 48,000 grains when regenerated with a slightly less efficient 8 lbs/cuft (16 lbs total).

https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?attachments/resin-chart-jpg.53316/

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks