P-trap placement

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I'm installing a new vanity and the tailpipe it directly above the drain pipe by about 10-12 inches. I could cut the tailpipe to make more distance. Can't figure out how to install a trap unless it's an S-trap of some kind. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Reaction score
There's plenty of distance.

IMG_3052.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
How about a photo of the PVC from above? It does not look like a simple PVC elbow.

Reaction score
It's a sanitary T with a cemented in adapter. Anyway, I've got it handled. I'll run a U shape to the side and add the P-trap at the top as it comes back toward the tailpipe. Gotta leave now in any event and truly appreciate the thoughts.

low-p-trap-cut-1.jpg

The vent here goes up from the santee in the wall, preventing siphoning of the trap
Terry Love

Last edited by a moderator:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The vent must be above the level of the trap, so it would appear you need to redo the rough-in or use a riser with an AAV.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks